Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th July - Brightlingsea and Buxey Sands

This forum contains threads from past events. New postings are not allowed; these threads are retained for reference only.
twestbrook
Your Full Name: Tony Westbrook
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Re: Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th July - Brightlingsea and Buxey Sands

Post by twestbrook » July 10th, 2018, 11:59 pm

Dear All

So far I have 7 boats listed and 22 people (up to 21 possible cricket players)

Wave Dancer - 6
Quokka - 3
Challenge 2 - 4
Good Rum -3
Enigma - 4
Starfire - 1
Nikita - 1

I will book everyone into B'sea onto a pontoon with MLSC, ready for the joint pontoon party which will start at 5pm until 7pm. Please bring suitable supplies...

I will not be booking a team meal, but I have been in touch with Crouch Yacht Club who will be open for meals, but they have requested that if more than 10 of us want to go there, we should book ahead and they will do a special menu for us. Other options are Kovalem (Indian), Yachtsmans (English), Winkies (Fish and Chips), but best to book ahead unless you get a take away.

I will speak to CYC tomorrow and post details of how to book and what the special menu might be .

We will need to be out at the Buxey Sands at least an hour before low water, so we can start the cricket match by about 6.45. It will mean leaving B'sea before 5am I am afraid (sorry Anne!) to give time to anchor and ferry everyone onto the sands.

See you all on Saturday

Tony
Wave Dancer

Jack Sparrow
Your Full Name: David Knight
Boat Name: Dionysus

Post by Jack Sparrow » July 11th, 2018, 8:36 am

Dionysus will be there!
Please book us into Brightlingsea.
Sorry for being a bit late letting you know, but will have Yelena's son with us.

David

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » July 11th, 2018, 9:36 am

Hi Tony,
Again sorry for being late but would you include us for Brightlingsea pontoon party. We will probably eat at Winkies but make our own arrangements. Not doing the cricket though.
Jean & Rob.

twestbrook

Post by twestbrook » July 11th, 2018, 11:49 pm

Just to say that I have spoken to CYC. They have their menu on their website. They ask that anyone wanting to eat should contact them by Friday lunchtime at the latest, preferably with menu choices. They will not be able to cater for us all anyway so I guess booking early is a good idea.

It is all a bit irrelevant now, but when we get back on Sunday, the Club will be showing the World Cup Final....

I have booked everyone onto the pontoons at B'sea, including Polo IV and Dionysus

Tony

Scallywag
Your Full Name: Jose Zalabardo
Boat Name: Scallywag

Post by Scallywag » July 12th, 2018, 1:46 pm

Hi Tony,
Could you please add Scallywag to the list. Two on board and for dinner. One Spanish cricketer.

Scallywag
Your Full Name: Jose Zalabardo
Boat Name: Scallywag

Post by Scallywag » July 12th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Leave Brightlingsea before 5am? Really? It's been a long day but I make it low water Brightlingsea 0830 BST.

twestbrook

Post by twestbrook » July 13th, 2018, 5:32 pm

We can agree detailed timing at the pontoon party. Have booked Scallywag a berth.

Tony

iangc
Your Full Name: Ian Coward
Boat Name: Nikita

Post by iangc » July 13th, 2018, 10:01 pm

Aiming to be joining the Brightlingsea party ...but dont think will be participating in the cricket. Will probably eat on board or at Winkies

twestbrook

Post by twestbrook » July 15th, 2018, 7:04 pm

Firstly, congratulations to everyone for a successful defence of the Ashes, and what a great weekend it was. After great personal sacrifices (Mandy's wet bottom and the damage to Brian's googlies in particular), TCC scored 56 runs to MLSC's 38, but a great team effort. They are worthy adversaries and they hosted a great pontoon party the night before.

Secondly, some admin. The B'sea Harbour Master did not collect the money from most of the boats and did not give me a list, so the arrangement is that any boat that has not paid needs to call B'sea Harbour Office in the next few days and pay over the phone. They should still give us each the club rate.

We are due to have our final joint event with MLSC in October - we'll have to think of another sporting event to compete over then!

Anyway, a great weekend and thanks to everyone who took part, cricket players, supporters and pontoon party people. And the weather gods of course...

On to the Steve Rix Race next weekend!