Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

First sailing event of 2020! Saturday 4th July

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element
amelia2014
Your Full Name: Mandy & Tony Jarvis
Boat Name: Good Rum

First sailing event of 2020! Saturday 4th July

Post by amelia2014 » June 24th, 2020, 5:38 pm

Saturday 4th July 2020 - HW 1223 (4.9M)

Pontoon Party at Shotley Marina

This Joint event was originally planned as a safari supper with the Mud Club. The safari supper will not be going ahead, but replaced with a Socially distanced pontoon party.
The G Pontoon at Shotley has been booked and so far 3 boats from TCC are attending:
Polo IV
Good Rum
Wave Dancer

If any other boats would like to join in, please register your interest on this thread, or contact me directly so your berth can be booked.

Mandy Jarvis x
07984 640294

G+LDixon
Your Full Name: Graham Dixon
Boat Name: Caroline

Re: First sailing event of 2020! Saturday 4th July

Post by G+LDixon » June 25th, 2020, 1:26 pm

Hi Mandy.
Count in "Caroline" for the cruise.
Thanks,
Graham and Linz.

amelia2014
Your Full Name: Mandy & Tony Jarvis
Boat Name: Good Rum

Post by amelia2014 » June 29th, 2020, 9:03 am

Good morning all, following on from the cruise to Shotley marina, Good Rum and Polo 4 intend to stay out for the rest of the week, the loose plan at the moment is to go on to the Deben visiting Woodbridge (Tidemill), Walton (Titchmarsh), Harwich ( Halfpenny pier), the rest to be made up to suit the weather and tides, anyone wishing to join in please register your interest on this page or contact Robin or Mandy direct, come on, dust off those instruments, tillers and wheels, untie those ragged, fraying mooring lines and let the wind remove those 8 months plus creases from your sails and "seas the moment" the more the merrier! X

GilesC
Your Full Name: Giles Colchester
Boat Name: Petrah

Post by GilesC » June 29th, 2020, 1:12 pm

Petrah will try to join you. As she is not in the water as yet, this is by no means guaranteed. Everyone (including me!) promises that she will be ready in time, but reality may get the better of us. We will probably have to return on Sunday to Tollesbury as crew have appointments in London on Monday. I note that at present the winds are indicated to be a bit on the high side for us to have a shake down cruise, but weather may well change. I am expecting there to be three of us on board, including the skipper.
Giles

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » July 1st, 2020, 8:11 pm

Currently the forecasts for the weekend are not good with gusts of 34knts expected. As things stand I don't think we shall be going up The Wallet until we get a more favourable forecast.
Rob.

challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Post by challenge2 » July 1st, 2020, 8:28 pm

Agreed - we’re working towards going out Monday at the moment. Probably will go down Saturday afternoon and staying on board, just because!
Bob Gant
Challenge II