Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

Good sailing David Knight.

Please use this forum for discussions that do not fit well elsewhere.
polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Good sailing David Knight.

Post by polo » August 16th, 2020, 3:37 pm

Watched David Knight sail away from Tollesbury today en route for new cruising grounds in the West country after more than 20 years membership
of T.C.C. Another long standing, enthusiastic club member seeking pastures new. Good luck David and Yelena and thank you for your support on the committee including your two years as Commodore.
Jean & Rob
Polo IV

iangc
Your Full Name: Ian Coward
Boat Name: Nikita

Re: Good sailing David Knight.

Post by iangc » August 16th, 2020, 3:47 pm

Will be sorely missed, hope that they have a safe passage to their new port and ultimately David and Yelena's (and Bonya!) new home.
End of an era , think I have been sailing with David for some 20 years,(wonder how I have coped🤣). I will remember the ritual of getting the garlic bread in the oven, red wine opened as we approached our marina berth for the night, ready for the on board nibbles and drinks pre evening meal once we were safely tied up.

davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Post by davidprentis » August 16th, 2020, 6:58 pm

End of an era indeed. Many thanks to David for all he has done in support of TCC events, including his time as Commodore. Not to mention all those jolly parties on pontoons and in cockpits.
Bon voyage David and Yelena....hope you have safe passage and much to enjoy in your new home.
All the best from the ships company of Wave Dancer!

Jack Sparrow
Your Full Name: David Knight
Boat Name: Dionysus

Post by Jack Sparrow » August 17th, 2020, 10:00 pm

Day 2. Arrived in Eastbourne.... new ritual started...
Garlic Bread in oven and wine breathing as we entered the lock....... now on Natsumi.
Thanks for your best wishes! The new cruising ground is calling me