Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

EASTER CRUISE - 19-22 APRIL

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element. This forum is administered by Jose Zalbardo and David Prentis.

Please read the Safety Disclaimer topic before participating in a club event. Forum members can reply to, but not create new event topics.
Redditch
Your Full Name: Graham Timmins
Boat Name: Mimosa

Re: EASTER CRUISE - 19-22 APRIL

Post by Redditch » April 11th, 2019, 10:47 am

Hi Mandy,
Mimosa will be attending.
Looking forward to it.
Happy Sailing.
Graham & Maggie.

Redditch
Your Full Name: Graham Timmins
Boat Name: Mimosa

Post by Redditch » April 12th, 2019, 10:15 am

Mandy,
I hope you got my last message, but if you didn't. Mimosa will be taking part in the Easter cruise.
Could be three on board.
Looking forward to it.
Regards,
Graham & Maggie.

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » April 12th, 2019, 7:04 pm

Hello again. This is the latest and I hope last update on the Easter Cruise.
I have added Mimosa and Dionysus to all three ports and also Moonshine in the hope they join us at Brightlingsea.
Today I received an email from Grant the Heybridge lock keeper with the request that we reschedule our arrival times off Heybridge Lock. The high water prediction is for one of the highest Spring Tides of the year and the flood barrier must be closed BEFORE H.W. due at 14.15.
Grant estimates he can start the first locking at 12.30 and asked that we organize ourselves into two groups so that we can lock through without any delays. What I have suggested therefore is the following :-
At 12.15. Wave Dancer, Petrah, Enigma, Polo, Moonshine, Queos and Starfire will be ready in the river to lock through awaiting the lock keepers instructions.
At 13.15. Good Rum,Challenge II, Scallywag,Mimosa and Dionysus should be off the lock ready to go on Grant's orders.
It's great to see such a good turnout for a TCC event and I would hate to have to turn any latecomers away but certainly Heybridge is now fully subscribed. However anyone wishing to join us at Brightlingsea or Bradwell will be most welcome.
Regards
Robin Kemp.
Polo IV. Mob 07535242115.

Jack Sparrow
Your Full Name: David Knight
Boat Name: Dionysus

Post by Jack Sparrow » April 14th, 2019, 9:44 am

Hi Rob.
Thanks for prempting Dionysus will be joining in the Cruise.
Not a clue how you will be getting that number of boats through the lock on one tide, and how busy the basin will be!

Just Yelena and me onboard, along with our ginger friend.

David

twestbrook
Your Full Name: Tony Westbrook
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Post by twestbrook » April 18th, 2019, 10:38 am

Dear All. With great regret your esteemed Commodore and I are having to pull out of this weekends trip and associated festivities due to illness of two of the crew (David and me...).

David will let Rob and Mandy know too.

I have got a booking for 4 at the Yachtsmans Arms in B'sea at 6.30 on Friday night if anyone wants to take that over? Let me know today sometime

Tony
Wave Dancer