Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

Shotley/Woolverstone 4 to 6 May 2019

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element. This forum is administered by Jose Zalbardo and David Prentis.

Please read the Safety Disclaimer topic before participating in a club event. Forum members can reply to, but not create new event topics.
davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Re: Shotley/Woolverstone 4 to 6 May 2019

Post by davidprentis » April 29th, 2019, 8:19 pm

Brilliant!

I have the following:

Polo (2)
Challenge II (2)
Wave Dancer (4)
Starfire (2)
Dionysus (2)
Good Rum (2) (not Woolverstone)
Petrah (3) (not Woolverstone)
Jim and Hilary - no boat but 2 for dinner

Any more takers?

David

sheff
Your Full Name: Paul Noyland
Boat Name: Moonshine

Post by sheff » April 29th, 2019, 11:18 pm

Hi David,

Moonshine will be at Shotley with "possibly" five for the meal ....... I will try to confirm numbers tomorrow evening at the latest.

We won't make Woolverstone.

Paul.

PeterF
Your Full Name: peter ferguson
Boat Name: Enigma

Post by PeterF » April 30th, 2019, 10:51 am

Hi David

Enigma is able to attend. Current crew expected to attend is Sarah, Ben and myself.

I see that the weather forecast is predicting northerly force 5 gusting 7 for Saturday - I trust the TCC committee will do its normal good job of arranging something better with the weather gods?

Many thanks

Peter

davidprentis

Post by davidprentis » April 30th, 2019, 8:31 pm

Thanks Paul - if you could confirm numbers that would be good.

We are now up to 27 people from TCC (with Moonshine and Enigma) and we are expecting 14 people from MLSC. I have spoken to the Shipwreck today - essentially they are going to book the whole restaurant for us. I will provide them with a list of boat names plus a surname per boat. They will then tick you off the list when you arrive. It will be round tables so they will need to mix and match to fit us all in but essentially we will order by boat.

If 41 people turn up at once there will be a long wait for some - the restaurant asks that we stagger our arrivals from 1900 to 2000. I think that should work for us - people may be ready to eat at different times.

MLSC will have 7 boats in Shotley. They are planning to go on to Ipswich Haven on Sunday so it will not be so busy at Woolverstone.

David

Wilksy
Your Full Name: Brian David Wilks
Boat Name: Starfire

Post by Wilksy » May 1st, 2019, 8:27 am

Hi
Just heard that my crew wont be able to make Saturday (could be she's seen the forecast). If I can't make other arrangements I could come up on Sunday to Woolverstone. Sorry I hope this doesn't mess things up too much. Brian

sheff
Your Full Name: Paul Noyland
Boat Name: Moonshine

Post by sheff » May 1st, 2019, 10:50 am

Hi David,

Saturday's forecast is for stronger winds than I am happy going up the Wallet with two grandchildren. Can you take Moonshine off the list for Shotley.

Thanks,
Paul.

GilesC
Your Full Name: Giles Colchester
Boat Name: Petrah

Post by GilesC » May 1st, 2019, 7:06 pm

We now have two further crew members on Petrah for supper on Saturday night only at Shotley, making five of us in all. Is this possible?
Giles

davidprentis

Post by davidprentis » May 1st, 2019, 8:10 pm

Hi Giles

No problem

David

amelia2014
Your Full Name: Mandy & Tony Jarvis
Boat Name: Good Rum

Post by amelia2014 » May 3rd, 2019, 11:37 am

Hello David and all, sorry,but Good Rum will not be joining the trip to Shotley, please cancel our boat plus 2 from the meal list, Mandy and Tony x

challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Post by challenge2 » May 3rd, 2019, 11:50 am

Hi David and TCC

Due to the increasing winds/direction in the forecasts, we're also crying off from the Saturday trip so please cancel our Shotley bookings (sorry) - we'll sail up on Sunday and would still like a berth in Woolverstone that night. We'll probably return to Tollesbury on the Tuesday

We'll still be at the marina on Saturday, so look forward to seeing you all tomorrow
Bob & Anne
Challenge II