Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

Cruise to Ramsgate and the Medway 25 May

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element. This forum is administered by Jose Zalbardo and David Prentis.

Please read the Safety Disclaimer topic before participating in a club event. Forum members can reply to, but not create new event topics.
davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Cruise to Ramsgate and the Medway 25 May

Post by davidprentis » May 20th, 2019, 10:16 pm

HW 0458
The plan for our early summer cruise is to head for Ramsgate on Saturday. Then round North Foreland and on to Queenborough and Chatham.
Return to Tollesbury the following weekend.
Robin Kemp is the organiser for this event.
If you are interested in taking part please post on this forum or contact Rob or any committee member.

Best

David

challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Re: Cruise to Ramsgate and the Medway 25 May

Post by challenge2 » May 21st, 2019, 7:11 am

Hi Rob

We are intending to come to Ramsgate and do a bit of cruising but returning to Tollesbury perhaps on Tuesday/Wednesday depending on weather/tides. I don’t think we’ll get to Chatham, so please only include us in the Ramsgate numbers
Bob & Anne
Challenge II

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » May 21st, 2019, 10:35 am

I regret that we are unable to take part in this event now as my niece has booked her wedding midway through the week.
Hope it all goes well.
Rob. Polo IV.
p.s. I will contact Ramsgate and make a booking if there is sufficient interest.

davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Post by davidprentis » May 21st, 2019, 11:28 am

Hi Rob
Thanks for that. For a combination of family and work reasons Wave Dancer will not be able to join this one.
Best
David

Wilksy
Your Full Name: Brian David Wilks
Boat Name: Starfire

Post by Wilksy » May 21st, 2019, 4:07 pm

Hi
there will be at least two of us for Ramsgate and I anticipate returning on Monday to give me chance to look around and maybe visit Broadstairs. There should be enough water on Monday p.m. for Starfire.

PeterF
Your Full Name: peter ferguson
Boat Name: Enigma

Post by PeterF » May 21st, 2019, 8:05 pm

Hi

Enigma is coming to Ramsgate. Like Brian we will spend Sunday enjoying the surroundings and return Tollesbury on Monday

Wilksy

Post by Wilksy » May 21st, 2019, 9:53 pm

Hi Peter & Bob
in the absence of any flag officers on the Ramsgate trip we'll have to come up with our own ideas for dinner etc. and keep in communication en route. Let's hope the weather holds and I look forward to seeing you on Friday evening or Saturday morning early.
Brian

challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Post by challenge2 » May 21st, 2019, 10:56 pm

We’ll definitely be going out on the Friday afternoon tide to avoid a very early start but anticipate a 7am departure from the West Mersea area

Look forward to seeing you both/all on the way

Maybe any other members joining in as well?
Bob & Anne
Challenge II

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » May 22nd, 2019, 3:16 pm

Hi All,
I have been in contact with Ramsgate Marina but they do not take advance bookings but they do have a good record of not turning visitors away.
They request you call Ramsgate Harbour control on your approach on channel 14 to request permission to enter then change to channel 80 for the marina for berthing instructions.
Sorry we cannot be with you. Have a great time.
Rob.

Wilksy

Post by Wilksy » May 22nd, 2019, 4:05 pm

Thanks Rob
We'll say hello to Ramsgate for you and Jean. I hope you have a lovely time at the Wedding.
Brian