Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

Cruise to Ramsgate and the Medway 25 May

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element. This forum is administered by Jose Zalbardo and David Prentis.

Please read the Safety Disclaimer topic before participating in a club event. Forum members can reply to, but not create new event topics.
challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Re: Cruise to Ramsgate and the Medway 25 May

Post by challenge2 » May 22nd, 2019, 4:18 pm

Thanks Rob
Bob & Anne
Challenge II

PeterF
Your Full Name: peter ferguson
Boat Name: Enigma

Post by PeterF » May 23rd, 2019, 10:15 am

I just read that they have 700 Marina berths in Ramsgate. I'm going to need to plot a route within the Marina just to find a berth...
Will be leaving close'ish to HW@Tollesbury, as I can't make it down till later on Friday evening.

Looking forward to a no-hurry chilled sail..

Wilksy
Your Full Name: Brian David Wilks
Boat Name: Starfire

Post by Wilksy » May 23rd, 2019, 3:47 pm

Hi Peter
I currently reckon to leave in the morning as well and Challenge II will probably leave not long after we pass them.
Ramsgate isn't always strict with berth numbers but we'll sort things out and muck in when we get there. Sunday currently looks good for Broadstairs or wherever the mood takes us and Monday pretty good if a little moist.
The Royal Temple Yacht Club doesn't do food on Saturday evenings but recommended Kumars which, although Indian food, is quite different if you're not a fan of that cuisine, for instance they have Wood Pigeon Tikka on the menu- sounds fascinating. I'm up for it and they currently have a table free so if anyone would like me to book and its still available tomorrow I can do so. If not we can make our own arrangements and maybe have pre dinner drinks onboard and a pint or whatever in the yacht club where I can gaze longingly at the trophies.
Brian

challenge2

Post by challenge2 » May 23rd, 2019, 4:10 pm

Hi Brian

Indian too spicy for Anne I’m afraid, there’s a nice Italian near the Yacht club which we could try to book for the evening, during the afternoon when we get there
Bob & Anne
Challenge II

Wilksy

Post by Wilksy » May 23rd, 2019, 4:12 pm

I'm easy - we might need to book.

challenge2

Post by challenge2 » May 23rd, 2019, 5:28 pm

OKAY

So I’ve booked “La Magnolia” for dinner Saturday evening (table for 6 - just in case) 8.15pm which will mean we can go to the yacht club for a pint first as it’s in the same area overlooking the harbour

Hope that’s agreeable for everyone
Bob & Anne
Challenge II

Wilksy

Post by Wilksy » May 24th, 2019, 9:50 am

Sounds terrific and weather looks ideal

PeterF
Your Full Name: peter ferguson
Boat Name: Enigma

Post by PeterF » May 24th, 2019, 11:41 am

Great..

Wind/Dir etc does look good to get to Ramsgate although predictions still seem to be evolving..
I'm waiting on Sarah to provide thoughts on Saturday night dinner. I'm guessing the kids will need to eat before 8:15 so we might have to figure out a hybrid of options. (TBD)

I'm a little apprehensive but looking forward to the journey. I have done the Thames estuary a couple of times before in various drascombes (Dabber and Coaster) and friends bigger boats, but Ramsgate and Engima will be a first for me..

Looking forward to a fun few days..

Peter

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » May 24th, 2019, 3:43 pm

Hi All,
I expect you all know there has been a slight movement in the track across The South West Sunk. Roger Gasper carried out a new survey on 6th. May 2019. and the new chartlet can be downloaded at www.crossingthethamesestuary.com/page29.html

Enjoy your weekend.

Rob.

Wilksy

Post by Wilksy » May 25th, 2019, 12:07 am

Looks good. I wondered about Sarah and the children maybe we could bring the booking forward and add numbers. It appears the passage over sweet sunk has moved north. Not to worry plenty of water and we will sail together