Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

26 Saturday December 7th - Christmas Cruise

This forum contains threads from past events. New postings are not allowed; these threads are retained for reference only.
Nimrodel
Your Full Name: David Cooke
Boat Name: Nimrodel

Re: 26 Saturday December 7th - Christmas Cruise

Post by Nimrodel » November 16th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Nimrodel would like to join the Christmas cruise.
What are everyone's plans for the evening?
Eat on board or the Green man?

Dave

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » November 17th, 2013, 11:42 am

Paul Noyland has sent me a text today informing us that The Green Man will NOT be serving food on the weekend of the Christmas Cruise. Looks like we shall all be eating on board.
To date the following crews have signed up to the event:-
Scallywag
Hoppetosse
Moonshine
Ostara
Dipper ?
Kiitaja
Summertime
Dianna II
Dionysus
Nimrodel
Wialoha.
If any boat has spare seats at their tables this would be a great opportunity to share the cooking roles and cozy up for meals together . Looking at the list as it stands it's all the regulars who know each other well so could I suggest we make contact and ensure no crew eats alone. Maybe some will wander up to The Green Man afterwards for drinks to finish the evening.

We still have 3 weeks before the trip and no doubt Bradwell will be happy to accommodate more boats so it's not too late to sign up. I will be emailing the marina 10 days before we go with boat details.

Rob.

stuey_two
Your Full Name: Stuart Hodgson
Boat Name: Dipper

Post by stuey_two » November 17th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Robin,
Please add Dipper to the list for Christmas Cruise.
2 on board, 9.9m x 3.1m, draught 1.4m.
Best wishes,
Stuart

Ostara
Your Full Name: Ian Robinson
Boat Name: Ostara

Post by Ostara » November 18th, 2013, 2:17 pm

Good Afternoon Robin,

Subject to final confirmation I expect to have the crews of Summertime and Quicksilver on board. We can squeeze 2 more on board for dinner.

Regards

Ian

Nimrodel

Post by Nimrodel » November 29th, 2013, 6:12 am

Robin
Nimrodel intends to be there. We will have a full boat, including a youngster, so we will eat onboard in the evening.
Thanks
Dave

polo

Post by polo » December 1st, 2013, 2:38 pm

Hi All,
All details have been emailed to Bradwell and they are looking forward to our visit. If any additional crews want to join us I am sure this would not cause any problems, just contact the marina direct and explain you wish to join the party. Speak to Stuart or Roy on 01621 776235.

Also, to keep you updated, there has been a minor change of plan regarding the location of the pontoon party. Due to current dredging operations if the host boats for the buffet are located on the available hammerheads as originally planned,the remainder of the fleet could not also be accommodated on the same pontoon. They have therefore suggested a sensible alternative. We will all be berthed on the new F pontoon. The hammerhead will not be available but it is wider then the old pontoons and towards the root the pontoon makes a 90 degree turn with even more space. Roy has suggested berthing the larger boats in this area for the buffet and the remainder of the fleet all on F. The down side to this is that the electricity supply could be at full stretch so please, on the night, try to use the supply sparingly.

Finally, don't forget, there are Christmas Pud prizes for best decorated boat and best festive outfit.

Rob.

polo

Post by polo » December 1st, 2013, 4:33 pm

Hi, It's me again,
Having spent ages typing the above post with two fingers, I have just taken another phone call from Roy (weekend manager). It seems that after informing Stuart (week manager and main man) of his plans for us next w/e to be told that he was not happy and the plan has reverted back to plan A. So once again the host boats will be on a hammerhead but the rest of us are likely to be accommodated on other pontoons. The good news , however, this means we can use as much electricity as we like!
Sorry for any confusion.
Rob.

Nimrodel

Post by Nimrodel » December 1st, 2013, 10:43 pm

Thanks Rob.
All sounds very well thought through.
If you need us to do anything on the day let me know.

Dave

Hoppetosse
Your Full Name: Andy Hobden
Boat Name: Hoppetosse

Post by Hoppetosse » December 2nd, 2013, 4:27 pm

Robin

Can you add 'Lhasa' to the berthing list, 43ft

And I think 'Mimosa' has added their name on the club noticeboard

Thanks

Andy

polo