Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

Saturday 6 April (HW1403 4.9) - Sunday 7 April : Joint Event with Tollesbury Mud Club

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element. This forum is administered by Jose Zalbardo and David Prentis.

Please read the Safety Disclaimer topic before participating in a club event. Forum members can reply to, but not create new event topics.
PeterF
Your Full Name: peter ferguson
Boat Name: Enigma

Re: Saturday 6 April (HW1403 4.9) - Sunday 7 April : Joint Event with Tollesbury Mud Club

Post by PeterF » April 5th, 2019, 11:25 am

Hi Mandy

I'm waiting for Evie to decide whether her and friend want to accompany me for sailing this weekend. I'm sorry we're left it so late, I could blame it on teenage years, but I'm not better.

I'm likely to get an answer from Evie this evening, would it be sensible (and to save troubling you) if I let Winkies and Brightlingsea harbour know our plans directly (if a get a positive answer from Evie)

Many thanks
Peter

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Re: Saturday 6 April (HW1403 4.9) - Sunday 7 April : Joint Event with Tollesbury Mud Club

Post by polo » April 5th, 2019, 2:45 pm

Hi Brian & Peter.
I have taken over organising the weekend as Mandy and Tony are heading to The Lake District this weekend. I have tried phoning Winkies but they are not reopening until this evening. We already have bookings for 14 and I am unsure how many they can seat, but I will try and post the outcome on the forum tonight. Fingers crossed.
Rob.

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » April 5th, 2019, 6:20 pm

Hi Brian & Peter.
I have spoken to Winkies and they have agreed to taking the additional numbers but they are now at full stretch. I regret,therefore, we must close the bookings now and cannot accept any latecomers.
Peter, if you could still let me know whether you and your crew will be attending either here or my mob.
Many thanks,
Robin Kemp. Polo IV. Mob. 07535242115.

davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Post by davidprentis » April 7th, 2019, 6:34 pm

Many thanks to Mandy and Rob for organising this weekend.
Great to see 10 boats in Brightlingsea - Polo, Challenge 2, Wave Dancer, Dionysus, Starfire, Enigma and Butterfly from TCC joined by Aquagem, Strathnaver and Amalie from the Mud Club.
Despite the rather grey and damp conditions we were rewarded with a lively sail to Brightlingsea and a rather more gentle trip home.
Winkies was on form and did well to cater for a group of 18.
Thanks to all who took part - hope to see you all again soon.
David

PeterF
Your Full Name: peter ferguson
Boat Name: Enigma

Post by PeterF » April 8th, 2019, 2:20 pm

Really enjoyable weekend! Many thanks Mandy/Rob !

Wilksy
Your Full Name: Brian David Wilks
Boat Name: Starfire

Post by Wilksy » April 9th, 2019, 8:43 am

Hi all
just to thank everyone for a great event and the usual giant portions at Winkies - we so nearly missed it, room wise, not knowing whether we could come until Thursday. I confess to only having just looked at the programme, due to family commitments, and look forward to the coming year although I might have to change any bookings if my father and/or brother take a turn for the worse. It looks as though in these Brexit days we have a Mudin. Can we have a referendum?