Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

Buxey Ashes Cricket Match 3 and 4 August

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element. This forum is administered by Jose Zalbardo and David Prentis.

Please read the Safety Disclaimer topic before participating in a club event. Forum members can reply to, but not create new event topics.
davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Buxey Ashes Cricket Match 3 and 4 August

Post by davidprentis » July 23rd, 2019, 9:00 pm

HW Saturday 1452

Cricketers are needed to defend the Buxey Ashes trophy that we won last year. The match is traditionally played on the Buxey sandbank during a low spring tide.

The plan is to meet the Maldon Little Ships in Brightlingsea on Saturday. Then out to the Buxey for the match on Sunday morning.

If the weather is unsuitable for anchoring then the match will be played on grass at Brightlingsea.

Please register your interest via the forum or contact any Committee member.

David

challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Re: Buxey Ashes Cricket Match 3 and 4 August

Post by challenge2 » July 24th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Hi All

Due to family commitments we won’t be cricketing this year (even our Will can’t be there!)

We’ll be sailing locally over that weekend
Bob & Anne
Challenge II

alan mac
Your Full Name: Alan Mcdonald
Boat Name: Quokka

Post by alan mac » July 30th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Sorry, we can’t join you as were hopefuly on passage to France leaving from the pyefleet early Saturday

Alan

davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Post by davidprentis » July 31st, 2019, 11:41 pm

Thanks to those who have responded.
It seems that we will not be able to raise a team for the Buxey Ashes so I will let MLSC know.
I understand that they will have a pontoon party in Brightlingsea anyway so if anyone wants to take part in that I am sure they will be very welcome.
David