Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

Bank Holiday Weekend/Late Summer Cruise 24 Aug

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element. This forum is administered by Jose Zalbardo and David Prentis.

Please read the Safety Disclaimer topic before participating in a club event. Forum members can reply to, but not create new event topics.
davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Bank Holiday Weekend/Late Summer Cruise 24 Aug

Post by davidprentis » August 5th, 2019, 9:05 pm

HW Tollesbury 0602

The plan is to go to Shotley on Saturday then Titchmarsh Marina on Sunday. Dinner will be at the Walton and Frinton TC - a lovely spot where we have enjoyed many club events.

Those lucky enough to have the week available for sailing will then head for the Deben and Woodbridge.

Robin is the organiser for this event. Please register your interest via the forum or contact any Committee member.

David

davidprentis
Your Full Name: David Prentis
Boat Name: Wave Dancer

Re: Bank Holiday Weekend/Late Summer Cruise 24 Aug

Post by davidprentis » August 5th, 2019, 9:11 pm

Hi Robin

Wave Dancer is planning to join the cruise as far as W&FYC. We will have 2-4 on board (to be confirmed).

We will be returning to Tollesbury on the Monday.

Best

David

Wilksy
Your Full Name: Brian David Wilks
Boat Name: Starfire

Post by Wilksy » August 6th, 2019, 9:26 am

Hi Rob
as you know I intend to take the week off and will be sailing alone aside from maybe the first weekend and Monday when Wendy can get some time off. Let's hope there's a good turnout for this event, as many stalwarts, understandably, have other Summer priorities; maybe a big push by the committee together with the keen Cruising club promoter Louise, in the Marina newsletter, next year will bear fruit. The Cruising Club, as a stand alone entity, will soon be back to normal once everyone is fully committed and back home but meanwhile anyone such as Geoff, who we met at the weekend, newly reading this will be made very welcome.
Brian

challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Post by challenge2 » August 6th, 2019, 9:42 am

Hi Rob

Please include us in any plans and bookings for the week

Is there a chance of getting into the Walton club pool to save the taxi ride from Titchmarsh?
Bob & Anne
Challenge II

polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Post by polo » August 6th, 2019, 2:53 pm

Hi Bob.
I considered the pool when we were arranging the programme but as it's a very poor neap tide I thought I would stick to what we know and keep it simple. I have no idea of the height required to clear the drawbridge into the pool or depths in the channel up to the marina.
The tide is making during the week so entrance into Woodbridge will be o.k on Tuesday.
We are pleased to hear that you are coming and let's hope we get a reasonable turnout.
Rob.

challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Post by challenge2 » August 6th, 2019, 7:43 pm

Thanks Rob, understood

We’re looking forward to it
Bob & Anne
Challenge II

polo

Post by polo » August 11th, 2019, 3:32 pm

Hi to all not booked for the Bank Holiday w/e.
If for any reason you are unable to make this trip but find yourself free on Sunday evening why not drive up to The Walton and Frinton Yacht Club and join us for a carvery dinner.
Those who have been before will know we always get a friendly welcome at this wonderful club overlooking The Backwaters. The bar is open all afternoon so please join us for drinks beforehand.
Hope you can make it.
Jean & Rob.
p.s. Let me know on 07535242115 or on this forum site.

polo

Post by polo » August 17th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Hello again.
Just an update on our arrangements for the weekend/week.
Currently we have Polo, Challenge and Starfire signed up for the week with Wave Dancer taking part up to the Bank Holiday weekend. We also have Yelana and David joining us by car for the dinner at W & FYC. Should anyone else wish to join in part or all of the event just contact me or sign up on this forum.
PLEASE NOTE. I have made a change to the original itinerary. Instead of going to Shotley twice over the bank holiday I have booked us in to Foxes marina for Saturday night. Most of you will know the old buildings on the front have been demolished and replaced by brand new facilities and, as well as the showers and toilets, a new restaurant "The Outlook" run by our old friends from Levington Lightship Ivan and Slavi. As it's an early start on Saturday we should arrive by early afternoon giving us plenty of time to go for a meal if you wish. I also understand from the harbour master that Foxes Y.C have organised a small fun race for their members and Ivan is cooking a bbq for them in the evening on their return which we would be most welcome to join.
As it's a neap tide on Sunday we should have no problems crossing the sands at Pye End in the afternoon in time to get to W.F.Y.C. for drinks before dinner. Tina is arranging a carvery. Berths have been booked in Titchmarsh.
We should leave on Monday soon after breakfast as the tides are still neap. Berths have been booked at Shotley for those taking the week.
We need to make a fairly early start Tuesday to make The Tidemill marina for HW. at 10.18. Berths have been booked for two nights.
So far that's the extent of my booking arrangements but my plans are to pick up a visitor buoy at Ramsholt on Thursday and head out of The Deben Friday lunchtime for Levington. Then head for home either Saturday or Sunday depending on the weather.
If it all goes to plan it could be a good trip. Why not come along with us. Rob.