Safety Disclaimer on TCC Events
SAFETY AT TOLLESBURY CRUISING CLUB
Tollesbury Cruising Club (TCC) exists to provide and encourage sailing and social events for its members. By its nature our sport depends on weather, wind and water which can be unpredictable and dangerous. These uncertainties make sailing and racing endlessly fascinating, but conditions which are suitable for one type of boat or crew may be dangerous for another, and can change alarmingly rapidly.
For these reasons each person must always take responsibility for assessing the conditions and deciding for themselves whether it is appropriate for them to sail, or go out on the water in any boat whether racing, sailing or supporting.
Similarly care must be taken when attending purely social events, accidents can easily happen.
TCC sometimes cancels racing, but this may be only when conditions are judged unsuitable for all relevant sailors. There will be occasions when racing occurs because conditions are suitable for stronger boats or crew, but this does not mean that it is safe for all. Each skipper and crew is responsible for assessing the conditions in relation to the strength, experience, and ability of themselves, their crew and their craft. They are also responsible for the seaworthiness of their boat, the adequacy of their clothing and the effectiveness of their buoyancy aids. No judgement made by the TCC can take the place of, or diminish, the responsibility of each individual member. Members have a particular responsibility for their children and their guests in these respects, both on and off the water.
No-one should ever feel under pressure to go out on the water or to continue to take part in a race or other event. Similar considerations apply also to Members undertaking duties on behalf of the TCC.
By participating in any events organised by the Tollesbury Cruising Club (TCC), you agree to the following:
(1) The decision on whether to sail is yours alone. TCC disclaims any responsibility for your safety. Members and their guests participate in our events entirely at their own risk.
(2) Before inviting any guests or visitors onto the premises or to participate in events organised by the Club, Members are required to draw their attention to this Disclaimer. It is a condition of attendance at TCC events that this Disclaimer is understood and accepted.
(3) TCC events are provided with no special warranty either express or implied.
(4) Members of the TCC, their guests and visitors, participate in TCC events and use the Club premises and any other facilities of the Club entirely at their own risk.
(5) The TCC will not accept any liability for any damage to or loss of property belonging to Members, their guests or visitors to the Club.
(6) The TCC will not accept any liability for personal injury arising out of the use of the Club premises, or any other facilities of the Club, or out of participation in any races or other activities organised by the Club, whether sustained by Members, their guests or visitors, or caused by the said Members guests or visitors, whether or not such damage or injury could have been attributed or contributed to or was occasioned by neglect, default or negligence of any of them, the officers, committee, Members or servants of the Club.
Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics
Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element
1 post • Page 1 of 1