Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

May Day Long w/e. 2nd - 4th. May

This forum contains threads from past events. New postings are not allowed; these threads are retained for reference only.
polo
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

May Day Long w/e. 2nd - 4th. May

Post by polo » April 12th, 2015, 7:19 pm

We plan to go back to the Orwell again for the long weekend and hope we avoid any fog this time around. Although currently I have not made any bookings, I shall be making phone calls over the next few days and have the following programme in mind.
Saturday. H.W. Tollesbury. 12.16. . 8ft. Tide. Those boats that are also entered for the club pursuit race will need to leave the marina a.s.a.p. to make their start times. (See separate posting, available shortly, with race details by Paul Noyland.)
Saturday evening Woolverstone Marina. No eating ashore arrangements being made.
Sunday. Ipswich Haven Marina. Lock free flow approx. 12.30. Group dinner ashore to be arranged. Chinese Buffet? Suggestions required.
Monday. H.W. Tollesbury. 13.28. 9ft. Tide. Leave approx. 06.00. As many as possible share the lock and take the last of the ebb down river.

Scallywag
Your Full Name: Jose Zalabardo
Boat Name: Scallywag

Re: May Day Long w/e. 2nd - 4th. May

Post by Scallywag » April 12th, 2015, 7:53 pm

Hi Rob, Scallywag intends to be there. Regarding dinner in Ipswich, in my opinion the restaurant in Ipswich Haven Marina is VERY good, best of the East Coast after The Pier Hotel in Harwich. I don't know if they do groups.

challenge2
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Post by challenge2 » April 14th, 2015, 9:27 am

We intend to be there

Bob & Anne

Challenge II
Bob Gant
Challenge II

polo

Post by polo » April 17th, 2015, 5:51 pm

Hi All,
I have booked Woolverstone Marina for Saturday evening and Ipswich Haven Marina for Sunday. I have provisionally booked 6-8 berths.
So far we have Polo IV, Challenge II, Moonshine, Scallywag & Hiawatha.
Jean & Rob

sheff
Your Full Name: Paul Noyland
Boat Name: Moonshine

Post by sheff » April 19th, 2015, 11:38 pm

Rob,

Moonshine will definitely be joining the cruise but there is a slight question mark as to where we will join it. Moonshine is undergoing surgery at Fox's and the completion date is ??????

So, we may be on the start line for the Pursuit Race or, ................... we may be committee boat at the finish! :)

Paul.

Ostara
Your Full Name: Ian Robinson
Boat Name: Ostara

Post by Ostara » April 20th, 2015, 1:28 pm

Hi Robin,

Add Ostara to the list please for everything. 2 on board. C is now much improved and we can look forward to another outing.

regards

Ian

Jack Sparrow
Your Full Name: David Knight
Boat Name: Dionysus

Post by Jack Sparrow » April 27th, 2015, 7:01 am

Robin.
Dionysus is intending to shakedown and do pursuit, but after the end of last season who knows how far we will get
I have Yelena, Ian and bonya onboard!!!

D>K

polo

Post by polo » May 1st, 2015, 9:21 pm

Regretfully, due to the unsettled weather forecasts, three of the entrants for this w/e have withdrawn. The official club event is therefore cancelled.
Regards
Robin Kemp