Forum Members - Please don't forget you must be logged in to post messages or to subscribe to forums or topics

LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Use this forum to discuss ideas, changes, or any matter relating to TCC Events - Events are jointly organised, i.e. racing events will always have an associated cruise for those not interested in the racing, but who want to participate in the social element
Post Reply
challenge2
Posts: 159
Joined: January 17th, 2015, 5:10 pm
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Post by challenge2 » September 20th, 2020, 6:04 pm

As there are only two more sailing weekends left in October we would like to see who keen on a local event on either or both weekends subject to the weather

Please post on this thread if you'd be planning on taking part on this weekend (on the other thread if its that one, both if its both)
Bob Gant
Challenge II

polo
Posts: 358
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 11:25 am
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Re: LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Post by polo » September 23rd, 2020, 3:45 pm

We would like to sail both weekends,covid and weather permitting.
My suggestion would be a cruise to Shotley on the 3rd. incorporating The Steve Rix passage race for those that wish to take part. If the weather is unsuitable for a longer trip we could keep it local and head towards Brightlingsea or The Pyefleet and postpone Shotley until the w/e of 17/18th.
Whatever the outcome we could reverse the destinations on the second weekend.
Anyone interested please register on this site.
Regards
Robin Kemp. Polo IV.
p.s. Due to current covid restrictions we are unable to book any dinner venues as a group.

Hoppetosse
Posts: 59
Joined: August 15th, 2013, 11:24 am
Your Full Name: Andy Hobden
Boat Name: Hoppetosse

Re: LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Post by Hoppetosse » September 24th, 2020, 11:40 am

Wakamba is up (out?) for both weekends.
My worry with Shotley is that with HW at around 14:00 on the Saturday, and Sunset around 18:30 there is not much time for a formal race if we are to avoid arriving in the dark.
Good news is that the return time would be almost civilized. 09:00 ish start.

amelia2014
Posts: 221
Joined: November 9th, 2014, 6:43 pm
Your Full Name: Mandy & Tony Jarvis
Boat Name: Good Rum

Re: LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Post by amelia2014 » September 24th, 2020, 6:41 pm

Hello all, you could always do the Steve Rix race back to Tollesbury! Just a thought, Good Rum would like to join in please whatever the plan is.xx

polo
Posts: 358
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 11:25 am
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Re: LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Post by polo » September 30th, 2020, 1:40 pm

Met. Office are forecasting Southerly 16 knts. gusting 24 knts with 80% chance of rain for Saturday and SSW. on the nose, gusts of 32 knts. with a 50% chance of rain for Sunday. Polo will definitely not be venturing up to The Orwell next weekend.
We will decide whether to do something local on Friday. What are others planning?
Rob.

Hoppetosse
Posts: 59
Joined: August 15th, 2013, 11:24 am
Your Full Name: Andy Hobden
Boat Name: Hoppetosse

Re: LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Post by Hoppetosse » September 30th, 2020, 3:44 pm

Brighlingsea or Bradwell are probably doable but I think I may stay at home.

challenge2
Posts: 159
Joined: January 17th, 2015, 5:10 pm
Your Full Name: Robert Gant
Boat Name: Challenge II

Re: LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Post by challenge2 » October 1st, 2020, 10:45 am

We’ve decided not to sail this weekend - let’s hope the 17/18th turns out better!
Bob Gant
Challenge II

polo
Posts: 358
Joined: January 9th, 2013, 11:25 am
Your Full Name: Robin Kemp
Boat Name: POLO 4

Re: LOCAL CRUISE & RACE Sat 3rd & Sun 4th October

Post by polo » October 1st, 2020, 1:06 pm

Pretty miserable forecast. I think we will also give this weekend a miss.
Jean & Rob.

Post Reply